[Po4a-devel] your subscriber lists

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue May 15 06:17:10 UTC 2007

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It looks like the subscriber lists for
> pkg-initng-patches at alioth.debian.org and po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org
> have quite a few obvious junk addresses in them.  Can you clean up your
> subscriber lists?  It's just clogging the mail queue on alioth.  If you
> need help, please join us on #alioth.

They can't do much about it. Those email are used for mails exchanged
on their patches/bugs trackers and AFAIK it simply means that they got spammed
on the corresponding tracker.

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?atid=411940&group_id=30760&func=browse
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=301026&group_id=30267&atid=410622

The only solution is to change the observer role to forbid unauthenticated
messages. I just did it for both projects. At least until some other
anti-spam (captcha-like) is put in place.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog