[Po4a-devel] po4a against untrusted content

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sat Nov 8 20:27:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 08:01:28PM +0100, intrigeri at boum.org wrote:

> Nicolas François wrote (08 Nov 2008 14:08:13 GMT) :
>
> >  * The po4a's modules
> >    The modules are parsing the "untrusted content", the behavior of the
> >    modules might be changed by commands included in the content (LaTeX
> >    module only?), they might use some unstrusted content later in a
> >    regular expression.
> >    The module usually do not have any interface to the system (like
> >    reading or writing files, executing commands), but use the
> >    Transtractor interface for this.
>
> I'll check the Text module for similar problems, and report back.

Note: the Text module had significant changes since the last release.
Please use the CVS version.
(CVS adds support for asciidoc)

> > I had some failure with WrapI18N (endless loops), which might cause DOS.
> > http://bugs.debian.org/470250
> > It is just used to have a better formating of the output error/warning
> > mesages.
> > You probably do not need this feature.
>
> I'll try to disable its use, and report back.

Currently, it is used if present.
It should thus be easy to add an option to always disable it.

> > Other non-required dependencies:
> >  Term::ReadKey
> >  SGMLS
>
> > They are not dependencies for your use case.
>
> I'll try to disable their use, and report back.

It makes me think that for the usage in a ikiwiki module, you may have to
change the change the way errors and warning are reported.
(Term::ReadKey is used to get the size of the terminal to format the
warnings)

Best Regards,
--
Nekral