[Po4a-devel] XML: prevent some attributes from being translated

poy poy at 123gen.com
Mon Feb 23 18:17:10 UTC 2009

> If useful, I could also provide an option to indicate that placeholders
> should be changed to inline if they have less than XXX characters.
> Currently, I don't think it is necessary. Placeholders should be used when
> the block is context free enough so that translation can be reused.

such an option would be just fine, i would always use it regardless of the
number of chars.

i understand the purpose of placeholders and how useful they must be for
other modules, it's just that without inlining i can't use them for html
links. good job though!

maybe placeholders are just not the right way to go around this; i've
thought of simple regexp replacements so that:
in the master document is changed into:
<link>link text</link>
in the pot file.
the challenge then will be to replace <link>s back into corresponding <a
...> tags when generating translated pages.

poy