[Po4a-devel] XML: prevent some attributes from being translated

poy poy at 123gen.com
Sun Mar 8 19:08:25 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "poy" <poy at 123gen.com>
To: <po4a-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Po4a-devel] XML: prevent some attributes from being translated

> hi,
>
> i have tried turning on the "foldattributes" option on our whole project,
> and it seems the generated .pot file sometimes has weird numbering
> regarding
> po4a-id attributes.
>
> it seems that the po4a-id number isn't always reset to 0; if a translation
> has multiple foldable attributes, eg:
> po4a-id=2>ccc</span>"
> then on the next (totally unrelated, could even be in a separate file)
> translation, the po4a-id counter stays at 2, so i will get something like:
> and etc.
> as a result, by the end of the .pot file, i find things like:
> msgid ""
> "TLS can't be used because no certificate files set. You should set or "
> "generate them properly in the <a po4a-id=78>Security certificates</a>
> page."

oh, and translation of texts containing these wrongly-numbered ids doesn't
work.

here's a test-case:

abc <a href="correct_link.html" target="bla">link!</a> def <a

abcd <a xx=yy>sss</a>

the 1st paragraph is ok in the .pot file, but the 2nd appears as:
msgid "abcd <a po4a-id=5>sss</a>"
instead of:
msgid "abcd <a po4a-id=0>sss</a>"

hence the 2nd paragraph (and all subsequent translations that will contain a
po4a-id) is impossible to translate.

poy