[Po4a-devel] Please respect TMP or TEMP environment variable, use "/tmp" as fail back

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Tue Mar 24 20:07:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:55:07PM +0800, dongsheng.song at gmail.com wrote:
> Please respect TMP and TEMP environment variable, use "/tmp" as fail back.
>
> So we can use po4a in M$ windows box.
>
> > (undef,$tmp_filename)=File::Temp->tempfile($filename."XXXX",
> >                                            DIR    => "/tmp",
> >                                            OPEN   => 0,
> >                                            UNLINK => 0);

I propose to remove the usage of the DIR parameter.
This means that the default tmpdir() from File::Spec is used.
On Linux this is the directory specified by TMPDIR, with a fallback to
/tmp

Is this OK on Windows?

BTW, I was already asked whether po4a works on Windows, but I could not
answer because of lack of such platform. Does po4a works on Windows?

I expected some issues with the end of lines on windows.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral