[Po4a-devel] Please respect TMP or TEMP environment variable, use "/tmp" as fail back

poy poy at 123gen.com
Wed Mar 25 01:42:50 UTC 2009

> But the po4a-updatepo  generate different source reference
> path-separator character
> between master file and external files:
>
> For matest file:
>
>    #. type: Content of: <book><title>
>    #: ../en/book/book.xml:23
>    msgid "Version Control with Subversion"
>    msgstr "Subversion 权威指南"
>
> For external files:
>
>    #. type: Content of: <book><appendix><sect1><title>
>    #: ..\en\book\appa-quickstart.xml:115
>    msgid "High-Speed Tutorial"
>    msgstr "快速指南"
>
> I'm not familiar with perl, can you fix this ?

i've seen this too on Windows, the solution is to simply change \'s into /'s
when calling the po4a command-line.

otherwise, we're using po4a on Windows using the Perl installation provided
with Cygwin <http://www.cygwin.com/> and it's working pretty well. i've
written about few things that can be improved in this regard on
<http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/po4a-devel/2008-September/001621.html>
 - there's one annoying installation issue, when copying man pages, iirc.
but when used without installation, as a stand-alone set of scripts, it's
just fine!

poy