[Po4a-devel] po4a with markdown

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Tue Mar 31 20:34:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 05:13:07PM +0800, dongsheng.song at gmail.com wrote:
> Here is the source:
>
> ## Glossary ##
>
> Here we have the meanings of some terms used into Git context.
> These terms were entirely copied from
> [Git Glossary](http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gitglossary.html).
>
> After I run 'po4a-updatepo -M UTF-8 -f text -o markdown -m
> ../text/55_Glossary/0_Glossary.markdown -p test.po',
> generate a po file with '\r' and extra space:

Are you running po4a on Windows?
Was the 0_Glossary.markdown file edited on Windows?
(Can you send the file?)

One way to fix this could be to run first
dos2unix ../text/55_Glossary/0_Glossary.markdown

This will convert the Windows end of line '\r\n' to Unix end of lines '\n'.

That's currently one issue I expect with Windows.
I will try to get a fix for this.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral