[Po4a-devel] Preparation of the next po4a 0.40 release

Omar Campagne ocampagne at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:49:27 UTC 2010

> I can see your point, but do not like your proposal that much, we
> would like to see po4a more widely adopted by other distributions, so
> I am reluctant to request translations on debian-i18n.
I understand now. Since po4a is hosted in alioth, I thought it «behaved»
as other projects under the Debian Project umbrella.

> Nicolas may have Bcc'ed translators, I do not know; maybe
> podebconf-report-po could be used to automate this call for
> translations.  That would indeed be a very good idea, but requires
> some testing.

Good. I wouldn't mind contacting translators «by hand» in the
«Last-translator» field if Nicolas agrees, checking the po's integrity
and so on... and giving it to the list for a commit to the repo. I know
you guys are busy.  About podebconf-report-po, I don't know well how it
works. Anyway, it's in your hands to take a decision.

> Given the short notice period, it is very likely that I will propose
> another release in one month to include translation updates.
Great, thanks for reading and replying. :)
--
Omar Campagne Polaino