[Po4a-devel] Feature request - segment at sentence level

Karol Krenski mimoohowy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:59:32 UTC 2013

Hi. Finally I got the big picture of .po, translate-toolkit and po4a.
I like the concept because that is the right approach to build the
whole framework for a translator (a human) with VIM as the editor of
choice. Then I could put the framework inside some VIM plugin. This
environment would be awesome!

I read your FAQ. I really miss the segmentation on sentence level when
creating .pot files (I need translation memories). I speak perl, but
am not smart enough to mess with the code.

Question/Feature Request:
Is it much work to add the option to have custom segmenting to
po4a-gettextize? The user provides the rules for segmenting, that `.'
is the general separator with the exception of provided abbreviations
(list in a file).

--
Karol Kreński