[Po4a-devel] Handling of index ranges in LaTeX files by po4a-gettextize

Carsten Gerlach daswaldhorn at gmx.de
Sat Feb 23 21:57:53 UTC 2013

Hi at all,

I have again a question to the usage of po4a-gettextize. If I use the
index command with range indicators "|(" and "|)" I get twice the
nearly same entry in the pot file beside of the "|(" or "|)".
Following example shows the problem:

==minimal.tex=============
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\section{Hello World!}

\index{test|(}

Hello World!

\index{test|)}
\end{document}
==========================

If I do now the creation of the pot file with

$ po4a-gettextize -f latex -m minimal.tex

I get this result:

==minimal.pot=============
[...]
#. type: document
#: minimal.tex:4 minimal.tex:8
msgid "Hello World!"
msgstr ""

#. type: index{#1}
#: minimal.tex:6
msgid "test|("
msgstr ""

#. type: index{#1}
#: minimal.tex:10
msgid "test|)"
msgstr ""
==========================

Is it possible to tell po4a-gettextize that it should summarize the
\index{} entries as it is done with the "Hello World!" parts?

I would expect something like that:

==minimal_modified.pot====
[...]
#. type: document
#: minimal.tex:4 minimal.tex:8
msgid "Hello World!"
msgstr ""

#. type: index{#1}
#: minimal.tex:6 minimal.tex:10
msgid "test"
msgstr ""

Thank you for any hint.

Greetings, Carsten

- --
Hier ist mein öffentlicher GPG-Schlüssel:
http://daswaldhorn.piranho.de/gpg/