[Po4a-devel] suggestion for the website http://po4a.alioth.debian.org

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Tue Jul 30 20:46:28 UTC 2013

On 30/07/2013 21:48, D. Barbier wrote:
> On 2013/6/13 Didier Spaier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> First, thanks for po4a, very useful for maintaining web pages in xhtml
>> format in several languages.
>>
>> Suggestion: why not use content negotiation?
>>
>> This way the web server (Apache, I guess) could serve the page in the
>> language matching user preference if set in his or her browser.
>>
>> That would avoid changing the language for each page visited.
>>
>> For instance on http://slint.fr I have following .htaccess:
>>
>> Options +Multiviews
>> AddLanguage en .en
>> AddLanguage es .es
>> AddLanguage fr .fr
>> AddLanguage pt .pt
>> LanguagePriority es fr pt en
>> ForceLanguagePriority Fallback
>>
>> and pages are named:
>>
>> index.html.de
>> index.html.es
>> index.html.fr
>> index.html.pt
>
> Hello Didier,
>
> In fact we already use content negociation on the website, but it is
> indeed broken, this is fixed now.
> Thanks for your report.
>
> Denis

Thanks Denis, I just checked (setting intl.accept_languages to "fr" in firefox) and that works now :-)

OT I will try to provide any more information would you need to investigate further about the other issue I raised (test failing in the SGML module).

Oh, and I just subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

Didier