[Po4a-devel] Support for reST (reStructuredText)

Mario Blättermann mario.blaettermann at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:57:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Am 10.10.2013 19:57, schrieb Christian Ziemski:
> Hello Denis:
>
> on 20.11.2012 20:36 D. Barbier wrote:

>>> I attached a zip file with the patched Text.pm and some test files.
>>
>> Thanks, it looks like your archive contains everything I need;
>> I will tell you when it is integrated, it should happen around the
>> end of this month.
>
> Recently I upgraded po4a to 0.44/0.45 and noticed that my patch
> wasn't included. Since I need it I patched the new version now.
>
> The diff (against 0.45's Text.pm) is attached.
> Perhaps you are still interested in it.

I'm also want to use po4a for handling RST. What about to implement this patch
(see
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/po4a-devel/attachments/20131010/f61765c2/attachment.zip)?
I haven't tested it, but hopefully it works as I expect.

The dnf tool will become the next generation packaging program in Fedora 22, and
it has some man pages maintained in RST. I tried to use plain text as format
definition (with -m), but this is really unsatisfying: All the formatting
appears in the pot file and will confuse the translators. Even the patch is
incomplete for handling all the peculiarities of RST, it is better than nothing.
In any case, we should always try to translate the lowest-level source file
instead of the resulting one (well, would be possible to work on the man pages
in that case, but not really recommended). Native support for RST would be very
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mario