[Po4a-devel] Help with po4a on Ruby Document format

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Jun 18 22:13:52 UTC 2016

Hi there,

On 18/06/2016 18:34, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Hello!

> I am trying to use po4a in order to internationalize the man page,
> which is written in Ruby Document format.
> The source for the man page (in Ruby Document format, as I said) may be
> seen on the public git repository [2], embedded in the program code
> (between =begin and =end markers).
>

> Could you please suggest a better strategy?

Why not convert this part of the document to the "man" format and
then use po4a to "gettextize" it?

The Locale::Po4a::Man module works well enough for me.

You could also use the txt2tags format instead of the Ruby
Document format as then the application txt2tags allow you
to convert the document to many formats including man pages.

Alternatively, pandoc can also convert a document in txt2tags
format to groff man pages.

Ref:
http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/man/man3/Locale::Po4a::Man.3pm.php
http://txt2tags.org/
http://pandoc.org/

PS to whoever in charge of the po4a website:
http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/
still mention only the release of po4a O.45, not 0.47

Didier