[Po4a-devel] Alioth is closing, po4a needs a new home very soon

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Thu Jan 25 13:08:12 UTC 2018

Hello pals,

it was decided that the alioth hosting service will be soon
decommissioned[1] next month, and we should move the development to
another hosting service. I should have done that mail before, sorry.

The git itself was already mirrored on github[2], so I will just change
the README and everything to point to github instead.

The web server can also be hosted on github, but this has still to be
done and I'm really short on time. Any help would be welcome here. The
source code of the web pages were already mirrorred on github[3], but
we should take care of the hosting.

The most concerning parts are this mailing list, and the issues that
are reported on alioth.

For the issues, I could not find any tool to move them to github and I
fear that we would have to it manually. Does someone know such an
automatic tool or would be willing to do the move? If we have an
automatic tool, I'd like to move the closed issues also, as they
contain valuable information. If not I think we should at least copy
the open issues over. Again, any help would be welcome here.

For the mailing lists, I have no good idea. Do you? If the list gets
shut down on Feb 1st as it could, we have the IRC channel to coordinate:
#po4a on oftc. I have a permanent presence on that channel so it could
work as a (very) temporarily solution. But someone should come up with
a better idea, I think.

Again, I'm sorry for the short notice, I'm trying to do too much
things at the same time these days.

Bye, Mt.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth#Deprecation_of_Alioth
[2] https://github.com/mquinson/po4a
[3] https://github.com/mquinson/po4a-website

--
Being able to break security doesn’t make you a hacker anymore than
being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer.