[Pommed-devel] Support for Macbook 5,2

Alejandro Valenzuela lanjoe9 at mexinetica.com
Tue May 12 17:58:33 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE skrev:
> Alejandro Valenzuela Roca <rocaa at student.chalmers.se> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> Is there anything else I might try/contribute to get it working?
>>

> Can you confirm that the attached patch works with your MacBook5,2?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JB.

Hi! Thanks a lot! The patch works. The cause for pommed not having any
visible effect is definitely the Nvidia drivers (I tried the latest
betas since those are the only ones which can be used with the 2.6.29.2
kernel); if I change into one of the text terminals and push the
brightness keys, the screen is adjusted properly (which means I have to
switch to a text terminal and back to the Xorg screen every time I want
to change the brightness, but it is just a minor annoyance and
absolutely better than not being able to change the brightness setting).
However, pommed seems to have some odd interaction with the applesmc
device - when I start pommed, it uses ~ 20% of the CPU without any
apparent cause and I get the following message written LOTS of times in
log:

applesmc: wait status failed: 5 != 10

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance