[Popcon-developers] Re: d-i and popcon

Frans Pop aragorn@tiscali.nl
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:55:50 +0100

--nextPart1134665.QNmIZueZNP

On Sunday 30 January 2005 16:53, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > So, sadly, I agree with Joey=A0: adding it now would break automated
> > installs, and therefore need the preseeding documentation to be
> > modified.
>
> Is there no way to work around that problem ?

Here's a possible solution although I'm not completely sure it's feasible.

=2D Create a 'popcon' task containing only popcon
=2D Make tasksel install this popcon task by default
  (using same mechanism as used for language tasks)

This would clearly be an interim solution for Sarge until a more permanent=
=20
solution can be implemented post-Sarge.
No extra dialogs in base-config are needed, so no translation issues.

Of course, this would still break existing automatic installations because=
=20
of the regular popcon debconf question, but I feel that adding a preseed=20
line for popcon should not be a big problem.

Cheers,
=46JP