[Popcon-developers] The number of etch installations is rocketing...

Alexander Schmehl tolimar at debian.org
Mon May 21 19:55:55 UTC 2007

[ adding -l10n-english for proofreading ]

Hi!

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> [070520 08:18]:
> [Alexander Schmehl]
> > Cool... And not long ago we had the 30 000 IIRC?  Maybe we should
> > prepare an announcement for -news when 50'000 is reached?  When
> > could we expect that to happen?
> In case you want to prepare an announcement, I can inform you that the
> debian popularity-contest submissions passed 50000 tonight.  The
> curremt count is 50098.

Sorry; should have done that sooner.  However: I prepared a first draft.
I attached the wml-version;  most up to date version is available at [1]
(or via websvn at [2]).  Patches welcome.

Petter, would it be possible to pinpoint the number, when 25'000
submissions where reached?

I added a citation; AFAIK press folks like that.  However feel free to
suggest a better one.

Since it's allready a bit overdue, I would like to send it out at least
the day after tomorrow; sorry again.

Links:
 1: http://svn.schmehl.info/svn/debian-publicity/20070521-popcon50000/
 2: http://svn.schmehl.info/websvn/listing.php?repname=debian-publicity&path=%2F20070521-popcon50000%2F&rev=0&sc=0