[Popcon-developers] popcon 1.56ubuntu1 report to Debian

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon May 6 21:25:43 UTC 2013

Hello Seb,

There is a flood of popcon reports reaching Debian using the popcon version
1.56ubuntu1:

1.56ubuntu1               : 10110

Looking at the source tarball it seems that you failed to change the
subscription address to popcon.ubuntu.com.

Indeed
popularity-contest-1.53ubuntu1/default.conf:
SUBMITURLS="http://popcon.ubuntu.com/popcon-submit.cgi"
popularity-contest-1.56ubuntu1/default.conf:
SUBMITURLS="http://popcon.debian.org/cgi-bin/popcon.cgi"

I realize that popcon.ubuntu.com being down since nearly one year, it does not
make much difference to Ubuntu, but I am concerned that Ubuntu users might not
all be happy to share their package details with Debian. Furthermore there is
enough differences between Debian and Ubuntu now that mixing the packages lists
might produce less useful statistics.

Please reply soon so we can find a solution.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.