[Popcon-developers] removing clean-filter/clean-genpkglist

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue May 14 15:48:06 UTC 2013

[Bill Allombert]
> Hello Peter,

Hi.  I'll chip in for my cousin Peter Reinholdtsen. :)

> You added the scripts clean-filter and clean-genpkglist to popcon
> 1.31.  However they are not used by the server and do not seem very
> useful or even usable, so I am considering removing them in the new
> examples layout.

these scripts are used to generate exports from popcon for people that
are allowed to look at the entries but only the parts mentioning
official Debian packages.  See the 2006 email thread starting with an
email from Meike Reichle, and specifically the email from me to you
dated 2006-10-14T14:45:51+0200 (Message-ID:
<20061014124551.GA8099 at saruman.uio.no>).

So they are not supposed to run regularly, but only on demand.  I
believe they are still useful and usable.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen