[Python-apps-team] Phatch (Re: Spe's Debian packaging feedback)

Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:23:23 UTC 2007

Bernd Zeimetz schreef:
>> I've started it and uploaded to the team repository.
>>
>> Everybody should free to help out. I've put the team as the maintainer, so if
>> you want to improve it just do it.

Emilio, I am curious how you constructed the rules file as it is quite
different from mine. I just want to learn.
I have some additional corrections (Probably because I had this wrong in
my debian files as well.):
- in the control file: the homepage of phatch should be
http://photobatch.stani.be
- in the copyright file: also homepage should be adjusted and it is
better to refer to `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3` (as GPL still
might be at version 2).
- 01_setup.dpatch should now be removed as I fixed it upstream.

I was wondering who or what will be notified by the watch file.

> - made the installed .deb working (mainly I'm installing the packages
> modules in the global module directory, I think they're useful in
> general, at least some of them.

> - added a minimal manpage (thanks to help2man...)
I would like to distribute the manpage upstream to make it available for
other linux distributions. I would put in the trunk/linux folder, where
also phatch.desktop is located. If this is ok, probably the manpages
file should reflect this change.

Stani