[Python-apps-team] Can you please help with packaging of mercurial and mercurial-common?

Madhusudan C.S madhusudancs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 21:05:05 UTC 2009

Hello Python Application Packaging Team,
    I am trying to port Mercurial and other Python packages to
Maemo, Nokia's mobile platform. Since Maemo is based on
Debian, I thought it will be good if I maintain the same
structure of packages on Maemo too. In Debian I see
mercurial is packaged into mercurial-common on which
mercurial package itself depends. Can you please help me
with packaging it in this way. What steps do I have to follow
to split the mercurial source into these 2 separate packages?

--
Thanks and regards,
 Madhusudan.C.S

Blogs at: www.madhusudancs.info