[Python-apps-team] RFS: cgmail (adopted)

dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:20:46 UTC 2009

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.5-1 of package "cgmail" that I would like to adopt.

It builds these binary packages:
cgmail     - A new shiny mail checker for the GNOME desktop

The package appears to be lintian clean. (Depending on what you call clean ;-))
$ lintian --version
Lintian v2.2.5
$ lintian -I --pedantic cgmail_0.5-1_i386.changes
I: cgmail: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/omf/cGmail/
I: cgmail: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/cgmail.desktop:3 Encoding

The upload would fix these bugs:
461447 - Please update to 0.5
515539 - WNPP Orphaned package

I will look into other bugs reported in LP and BTS. This is an almost complete rewrite of the
program, hence all bugs should be fixed.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cgmail/cgmail_0.5-1.dsc

or directly from VCS:
- debcheckout -t git git://repo.or.cz/cgmail.git

My alioth id is xnox-guest and I would like to join and maintain this package under Python
Apps Team in their SVN. (Although I don't know how to use SVN, git was first and later I
learned bzr).

--
With best regards

Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич