[Python-apps-team] Hellopy Python autotools-packaged example project

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Tue Apr 13 13:26:58 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!
I have recently created the HelloPy project. It's an example of a Python
application packaged with the autotools.
Right now, I have a module, and executable and a man page.
I am still working on the packaging of the desktop entry in the menu
and its icon. Don't know why it's not working.

Next to do : internationalize with gettext, debian packaging.

Is there an other similar project that's already existing?
It's inspired by the GNU Hello project.
Please join if you are inspired to do so !! :)
There are issues to fix and features to implement. (see the tickets)
Please look at the tickets. I plan to get rid of twisted for a hello
world, and maybe use wx instead of GTK.

I would really like to have contributors for this project, since I
think it will be really useful. Also, the licence could be BSD-like,
or even public domain.

HelloPy: http://bitbucket.org/aalex/hellopy/
GNU Hello: http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/

Cheers!