[Python-apps-team] Getting RabbitVCS 0.15 into Ubuntu 12.04 repos

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Wed Mar 21 22:27:04 UTC 2012

I think that for Debian it is most appropriate to a single
rabbitvcs-nautilus package because:
- shipping an uninstallable rabbitvcs-nautilus2 package is not possible
  and will only cause problems
- that leaves just one nautilus package to be installed
- there is not much benefit of adding another metapackage in such a
  situation
- naming it rabbitvcs-nautilus is logical given the other nautilus
  extension packages in Debian

I'm not trying to be stubborn (I am sometimes) but what I'm working on
now is getting this package into shape *in Debian*. If another
repository provides newer packages, conflicts/replaces can be used to
provide more packages if really needed.

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 10:24 +0200, David Seaward wrote:
> > Btw, any information on the gedit 3 support?
>
> Arthur, I think this still an issue and is being tracked here
> http://code.google.com/p/rabbitvcs/issues/detail?id=622 - unless it
> has been fixed in the trunk code mentioned earlier.

Thanks, I found this commit:
  http://code.google.com/p/rabbitvcs/source/detail?r=3022
and created a patch from it for use in the package I just uploaded. I
only had to install the files in /usr/lib/gedit/plugins,
not /usr/share/gedit/plugins as the README said and then it worked.

Thank you all for your feedback. I can't promise to keep updating
RabbitVCS Debian packages but I think this is an improvement at least
over the previous situation.

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - adejong at debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --