[Python-apps-team] moving trac packaging to git, and preparing trac 1.0.1 for experimental

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Mar 28 10:06:19 UTC 2013

hey folks--

I've spent a bit of time preparing trac 1.0.1 for debian experimental.

In the process of doing so, I moved the packaging for the application to
git, and placed it in collab-maint.  The process of migrating from svn
to git wasn't too horrible -- it involved figuring out a mapping for all
the svn ids (not hard by poking around alioth), and then judiciously
applying "git svn", and merging the upstream tarballs for more recent
versions (the git packaging i'm proposing contains the upstream source
as well as the debian/ dir)

the source is visible at:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac.git

and you can clone it from:

  git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/trac.git

members of collab-maint (which should include all DDs) can push to that
central repo via this pushurl:

  git.debian.org:/srv/git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/trac

Aside from the svn → git transition, he biggest amount of work for the
new verison of trac was dealing with the javascript dependencies -- i
needed to package libjs-jquery-timepicker (see
http://bugs.debian.org/693884, the package is still in NEW), and combed
through the rest if upstream's minified javascript to break it out
into explicit dependencies.

I've tested the package, and it works fine.  If no one has any
objections, i will upload trac 1.0.1-1 to experimental in the next
couple days.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or
concerns.

Happy hacking,

    --dkg