[Python-modules-team] ITP: PySoy

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso jordigh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 04:20:29 UTC 2008

2008/9/22 Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 06:01, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <jordigh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In fact, I already have a question. Since, I'll admit, my biggest
>> motivation to package PySoy is to create an actual test case for
>> AGPLv3 in Debian, I want to start packaging the svn version (the
>
> argh! what was the result of the long thread on d-legal? is it ok for Debian?

Lots of opinions for, lots of opinions against. It all seemed to boil
down to people's general "feeling" towards the license. I didn't
really see a resolution in d-legal. The ftpmasters need a test case.

> mh, are you packaging the version that's under AGPLv3 or under GPLv3?

I want to package the AGPLed version. If worse comes to worse, it'll
go into non-free.

>> hit a snag: the svn version needs to build with Pyrex 0.9.8.2, but we
>> only have 0.9.7.2, and it was a NMU no less, and barely two weeks ago.
>> I think it would be kinda rude to send a bug to package a newer
>> version if the last version packaged was just two weeks ago.
>
> well, claiming a maintainer MIA (as done by duck here[1]) it seems a
> little bit to extreme, but if you need a newer version, then file a
> bug and request for it.

Okay, I suppose I can file the request... and then perhaps fix it
myself, if the maintainer doesn't do it.

Thanks for you thoughts,
- Jordi G. H.