[Python-modules-team] Removing w32 specific Python code from a package

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Fri Feb 27 12:28:03 UTC 2009

* Stephan Peijnik [Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:07:40 +0100]:

> On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 16:27 +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > * Stephan Peijnik [Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:46:58 +0100]:

> > > Now as python-pyglet needs to be repacked because it is not entirely
> > > free anyways I thought I could get rid of this problem by simply
> > > removing the w32-specifics when repackaging the dfsg version of the
> > > tarball.

> > What about just not installing into the .deb the windows-specific files?

> I file a bug-report upstream and asked them to fix that in their
> setup.py. Maybe I could remove that code in the "build" target of
> debian/rules. Is that what you suggested?

More in the "binary", but something like that, yes:

    setup.py install
    rm -f debian/python-pyglet/usr/share/.../bad.py

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.