[Python-modules-team] Further Questions

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:41:04 UTC 2009

After rereading FAQ at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPythonFAQ I still
have some questions..
I would be glad if somebody can answer them, so I can record the
information back to wiki.

About central vs support, as they are entrypoints for packaging
1. Can anybody explain what is python-central exactly?
2. What is the differences between python-central and python-support?
3. Why isn't it possible to choose "one-- and preferably only one
--obvious way to do it" (PEP 20)?
4. What are the main conflicting points between support and central?
5. Where is the latest source for python-support to view
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz online?
6. Is there any PEP to explain reasoning behind Debian packaging and
central/support dichotomy?

Thanks.

--anatoly t.