[Python-modules-team] r7926 - in packages/python-axiom/trunk/debian (5 files)

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Wed Mar 18 21:38:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Vincent Bernat <bernat at debian.org> wrote:
>> The patch is not complete: upgrading from old databases still fail.

Please don't upload a package based on this patch; it's highly likely
that the patch that will be applied upstream will involve quoting all
column names, not just "indexed", and so any database created with
this patch applied will be incompatible (in a subtle way).

> Unittests are  shipped with databases in  old format and  axiom tries to
> upgrade  them. There  is no  fix upstream  for this  and the  patch only
> covers database creation. Old databases still have a problem.
>
> Here is the error:
> [ERROR]: axiom.test.historic.test_textlist.TextlistTransitionTest.test_transition
> We could skip those tests. Any thought?

I don't think there's much we can do about this, unless SQLite is
patched to fix this problem. The only real solution that can be
implemented in Axiom is a "meta-upgrader" that upgrades old stores;
we'll then need to add a NEWS.Debian note or something to notify users
that they /must/ upgrade their old stores before upgrading SQLite.
That still seems horribly inadequate, but I don't know what else we
can do to make the transition easier.

I plan to implement a proper patch that quotes the column names, and
hopefully get it merged upstream in the next day or two.