[Python-modules-team] mod-wsgi backport for Apache 1.3

Piotr Ożarowski piotr at debian.org
Tue May 26 20:51:09 UTC 2009

Hi Anatoly,

First of all, thanks for working on mod-wsgi.

Packages in backports.org should contain as small changes compared to
official package as possible, so updating Standards-Version or changing
debian/copyright format is not really desired (new format is not
accepted yet, BTW, so we'll stay with the old one for now). About
supporting Apache 1 (the only remaining change) - Etch support will be
dropped soon (and Apache 1 will be no longer supported in Debian then;
please also note that Apache 1 is in Etch only to give people a sane way
to migrate to the newer one) - do you really think it's worth adding
such package for few months only (you'll have to convince BPO admins to
allow a package that never have been in testing, BTW)?

We appreciate your work, though, so if you want to join us and maintain
this package with us, we would like to add you to the team. Our next
task is to convince release managers to allow mod_wsgi 2.5 in stable or
(if they'll not agree to allow new upstream release), backport most
important bug fixes.

--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-