[Python-modules-team] Cython 0.14.1 is to be uploaded to unstable -- FTBFs warnings

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Feb 14 07:41:55 UTC 2011

Yaroslav Halchenko, 14.02.2011 04:08:
> To get back from the habit of using inconvenient experimental and
> keeping unstable stable; thus to return unstable to its definition and
> to foster progress, I am going to upload 0.14.1 to unstable/sid.  That
> will cause following sid versions of packages to FTBFS:
>
> python-djvulibre

This needs further investigation. Haven't got the source (nor the time) to
look at it.

> python-ecore
> python-edje
> python-elementary
> python-evas

These are easy to fix by following the advice of the error message: replace
"__new__" by "__cinit__".

Cython 0.14.1 has finally changed a long-standing warning into an error
here because people got bitten more than once when they ignored the warning.

> pyzmq

Fix: 'bool' -> 'bint'

This is a semantic change in Cython 0.14: 'bool' is no longer available by
default, simply because it doesn't make sense to use it and it's ambiguous
(C++ has it's own bool, for example).

Stefan