[Python-modules-team] possible python-turbogears dependency bug

Jason Rennie jrennie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:21:29 UTC 2011

I just moved a system using turbogears to Debian v6.  I found that simply
importing "turbogears" from python yielded two import errors:

   - python-genshi
   - python-tgmochikit

My understanding is that turbogears moved from kid to genshi for the default
templating system so I believe the following dependency changes are in
order:

   - python-kid: change to "recommends"
   - python-turbokid: change to "recommends"
   - python-genshi: change to "depends"

I am less familiar with the change to depend on tgmochikit, but since
importing "turbogears" imports "tgmochikit", it seems to me at least the
dependency should be added:

   - python-tgmochikit: add to "depends"

If I should create a bug, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason