[Python-modules-team] Packaged py3cairo; upload to Debian?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 13 08:56:42 UTC 2011

Hello all,

As we need python3-cairo to package a python3 version of pygobject, I
went ahead and packaged py3cairo 1.10.0.

Upstream completely changed the build system and dropped python 2
support, so this needs to be a separate source package. As upstream
also moved to a completely different build system, and the package
needs moving away from deprecated python-support, I basically did the
packaging from scratch again, using modern dh7, DEP-5, dh_python3,
etc.

I put it at

  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/tmp/py3cairo_1.10.0-0ubuntu1.dsc

For Debian it would need an update of the Maintainer: field and of
course a non-Ubuntu version number, and a slightly more verbose
changelog entry ("new upstream version of pycairo", explaining why
it's a separate source). Can you check and upload it at some time? I
don't mind uploading it myself if you want me to, but I'm not using
python-cairo directly for my projects. I don't mind being an Uploader:
if you want me, though. I'm in pkg-gnome, so I guess that would fit
reasonably well.

Thanks,

Martin