[Python-modules-team] Request to Join Project Python Modules Packaging Team

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 2 02:52:55 UTC 2011

On 01/03/11 23:04, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> [noreply at alioth.debian.org, 2011-03-01]
>> I would like to join the python modules team to help packaging python modules.
>> My prime interest right now is updating the foolscap module, required by bug #591384.
>
> great, welcome on board, note that I already pinged my sponsoree about
> foolscap's new upstream version, no response yet, though. DPMT is in
> Maintainer field so feel free to update it in the repo and ping me to
> check & upload it

Hi,
I finished the packaging of 0.6.1. It should be pretty solid.
Major changes are quilt, dh --with python2, and DEP5 copyright (see
changelog).

The only problem is I have not found a way to execute the trial test
driver (from twisted) for multiple python versions. python setup.py test
does not seem to work.
Maybe you know how if this is possible with trial?

Anyhow I have not commit it to the repo as my first attempt went
disastrously wrong (see r15939-r15942, hopefully I have reverted it
correctly).
Can the changes simply be committed to the repo without any extra tools?

Before I screw up more, I just attach the patch to the debian directory
to this mail (0001-New-upstream-release-Closes-591384.patch)
I'll be grateful for a review.

Best Regards,
Julian Taylor