[Python-modules-team] Re-introducing python-paver

Manuel Prinz manuel at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 15:26:28 UTC 2011

[ Please CC me, I'm not subscribed. Thanks! ]

Hi,

I'm in the process of packaging ecspy, which needs python-paver to
build. Since this package was removed from unstable, I'd like to
re-introduce it into the archive. From the BTS it seems that there were
no severe technical reasons for the removal, just lack of interest and
no rdepends. (Which would change now.)

My question is: What's the preferred mode of dealing with this package?
Should I maintain it under the DPMT umbrella? I thought about
maintaining ecspy in Debian Science, but as that's a Python module also,
DPMT might be the better place for that as well. Opinions?

Best regards,
Manuel