[Python-modules-team] Re-introducing python-paver

Jan Dittberner jandd at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 19:32:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 04:26:28PM +0100, Manuel Prinz wrote:
> [ Please CC me, I'm not subscribed. Thanks! ]
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of packaging ecspy, which needs python-paver to
> build. Since this package was removed from unstable, I'd like to
> re-introduce it into the archive. From the BTS it seems that there were
> no severe technical reasons for the removal, just lack of interest and
> no rdepends. (Which would change now.)
>
> My question is: What's the preferred mode of dealing with this package?
> Should I maintain it under the DPMT umbrella? I thought about
> maintaining ecspy in Debian Science, but as that's a Python module also,
> DPMT might be the better place for that as well. Opinions?

I (as the previous uploader of python-paver) think that you should maintain it
in DPMT. The packaging files are still available in our SVN repository at [1].
Feel free to build upon these, maybe you would like to package the latest
upstream version (and possibly switch to dh_python2). Feel free to ask for
help.

If ecspy is a Python module you might also want it in the DPMT repository, if
it is a Python application it might be better suited for PAPT [2].

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-paver/
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam

Regards
Jan

--