[Python-modules-team] python-cups_1.9.61-0.1 needs review

Rob Adams radams at artlogic.com
Fri May 25 18:52:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

At the advice of Guido Günther (of system-config-printer) I have uploaded a python-cups of the latest upstream version to mentors.debian.net. I would appreciate it if an official maintainer could pick this up so we can get a more recent version of it in sid.

While I chose to package 1.9.61 (latest upstream), it is of importance to move to at least 1.9.55 which fixes a nasty bug (# 656640) that prevents changing printer properties for some printers. The latest version in sid is based on upstream 1.9.48.

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-cups

Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help.

Thanks,
Rob

// Rob Adams - Senior Software Engineer
// Art & Logic - software development outsourcing since 1991
// radams-at-artlogic-dot-com - http://www.artlogic.com