[Python-modules-team] pyflot_0.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio asb at debian.org
Tue Jul 16 04:20:37 UTC 2013

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the review!

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Luke Faraone
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
> Your package contains embedded JS libraries, namely jquery.flot.js and
> jquery.js. Please remove them and depend on the versions already in Debian or
> include nonminified versions with correct attribution and licensing in
> debian/copyright.

Could you double check that? As far as I know, those files aren't
installed. Do I need to repack the source for DSFG files that aren't
installed? You're right though that I seemed to neglect including them
in debian/copyright.

asb at asb-laptop:~/Desktop$ dpkg --contents
~/pbuilder/sid_result/python-pyflot_0.1-1_all.deb | grep 'jquery'
lrwxrwxrwx root/root         0 2013-05-28 15:07
./usr/share/doc/python-pyflot/html/_static/jquery.js ->
../../../../javascript/sphinxdoc/1.0/jquery.js
asb at asb-laptop:~/Desktop$ dpkg --contents
~/pbuilder/sid_result/python-pyflot_0.1-1_all.deb | grep 'jquery.flot'
asb at asb-laptop:~/Desktop$

> Please instead use the identifier "Expat" for this license instead of the
> nonspecific "MIT. MIT has used many licenses, and the former is the term
> prescribed by DEP5 1.0.

I'll change that in a new upload, but could you clarify the embedded
JS issue first so I don't end up having to do two uploads?

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Developer <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=asb>