[Qa-debsources] SPDX generation issues

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Fri Jan 8 07:55:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 11:01:58PM +0100, Orestis Ioannou wrote:
> Ok so i created a template for the copyright field and here is the outcome:
> http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/spdx/matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/
> If this is ok i ll try and create some more :)

The structure of the template looks perfect.

Some minor nitpicking:

- it's not a 404 type of error, and the HTTP response code is 200. So we
  should not write "404" in the page, just remove that and use a generic
  "error" heading.

  *If* you actually want to return a proper HTTP status code, 500 would
  be more appropriate and the heading could say so (but then, we should
  actually return a 500 HTTP response status).

- it would be nicer to offer a link back to the package version
  (matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/) instead of a generic "go home" link. On the
  same vein, "debian/copyright file" can be hyperlinked to the file in
  question in the /sources/ blueprint, so that the user can at least see
  the file "raw" and understand what's wrong

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Former Debian Project Leader . . . . . @zacchiro . . . . o o o . . . o .