[Qa-debsources] debsources CSS produces multiple scrollbars and breaks keyboard scrolling

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:35:38 GMT 2023

(Hi.  I wanted to file a bug or a ticket or something, but I didn't see
a way to do that so I hope it's OK if I just email you about this.
It's not a serious problem but I thought it ought to be reported.)

In my browser (buster's firefox-esr with Javascript disabled),
keyboard scrolling doesn't work when looking at source code files on
sources.debian.org.

When I try do scroll with the keyboard, a scrollbar in the line number
column lights up.  After clicking in the main body, a scrollbar at the
RHS lights up.

I have a workaround, use the firefox option:
  File / Page style / No style

This disables the CSS completely, leaving a page which is
(a) formatted tolerably well and completely legible
(b) looks completely functional.

Thanks for your attention.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.