[Quantian-general] Re: scipy problems, solution?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker@NOSPAMPLEASEweb.de
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:38:32 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 Arnd Baecker wrote wrote:

>    One test would be to disable weave by
>    commenting out the line
>      weave = ppimport('weave');             _level_docs(weave)
>    in   scipy/__init__.py.
>    I don't recommend this as _the_ solution, but
>    as a test only .
>    Dirk, could you do this check and a scipy.test(1)/scipy.test(10)
>    test (after installing a python2.3-dev) easily?
>    Or could you tell us (or give a pointer) how we
>    could do this starting from quantian ?

Alright, Ulf knew how to do this.
The solution to all the problems seems to be the installation of
Then a `import weave` works and so does the import of
scipy and scipy.xplt.
  (we could not test if the plot command really works
   as via the chroot we were not allowed to open
   windows - and we did not figure out how to circumvent this).

P.S.: I will also e-mail Jose Fonseca to include this dependency
      for his packages.