[Quantian-general] Preparing

Marco Caliari caliari@sci.univr.it
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:19:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> > P.S. Now I'm remastering Quantian to see if my suggestions are
> > right.
> Ok, let us know what you find.
> Dirk

Here's what I found:

LAM: it is sufficient to install lam-runtime 7.0.4-2 and run lamboot at
the beginning of parallel work.

MPICH: create the following links
/usr/bin/f77 -> /etc/alternatives/f77
/etc/alternatives/f77 -> /usr/bin/g77

About mpirun.mpich, "Users should set up a
private/public authentication key pair in order for ssh to operate without
passwords" (FAQ at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/). Then I get:
"Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
forwarding.". I don't know hot to fix this warning, but all work.

So, you should either start the daemon lamboot at boot or generate
private/public key pair in order for Quantian to be parallel-ready at