[Quantian-general] winnocd boot not working, either

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 18 17:34:30 UTC 2005

On 18 December 2005 at 12:06, Gary wrote:
| Since I can't get bootfrom to work, I decided to try the winnocd option
| from the HOWTOs.
|
| GRUB is found, and offers a choice of Windows or StartGrub, but menu.lst
| is not found.  It's there, right in c:\BOOT\GRUB
|
| Dirk, you use this option, don't you?  Can you verify that the

Not currently. I used to use it on corporate laptop with a previous
employer. Right now I don't have admin rights on the work laptop and can't
modify "system" parts like this.

| instructions there are correct?  I think I followed them to the letter,
| including *not* including the line in boot.ini that relatest to Win2000
| (I'm on XP), placing the iso in c:\boot\knoppix.36, and replacing
| linux24 and linux26 with the versions on the CD.
|
| Grub for Windows includes a boot\knoppix.37 and a boot\knoppix.381.
| Should I ignore these?  (I did.)

I think you are a release behind. The same good folks who did this have never
files for Knoppix 4.0.2.

Quick googleing lead to this thread
	http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796&start=310

Could you try and see if you get lucky with with these so that we can then
update the documentation?

Thanks,  Dirk

--
                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison