[Quantian-general] network card configuration

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 27 01:51:21 UTC 2006

On 26 June 2006 at 22:07, JP Azevedo wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
| Which version of gcc did you use to compile the Quantian Kernel? gcc-3.3 or
| gcc-4.0? I've used modinfo e100 to find out the details of the driver, and
| found out that the vermagic reads: 2.6.12 SMP preempt 386 gcc-4.0
| The kernel version is right, the problem can be with the gcc.

It is kernel 2.6.12 straight from Knoppix (and we also have 2.4 re-imported
from clusterKnoppix for the openMosix support).

So whatever compiler Klaus used ...  The default compiler appears to be gcc
4.0 (from 'gcc --version' as well as inspecting the output of 'ls -l
/usr/bin/gc*'.  Note that you also have gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4 installed.

Lastly, if you look at /usr/src/linux (aka /usr/src/linux-2.6.12) and inspect
the Makefile, you see that CC default to gcc (with a possible prefix for
cross-compiling which doesn't apply to us).

So my money is on gcc 4.0.  Good luck, and report back when you get it
working!

Cheers, Dirk

--
                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison