[Quantian-general] capture output of smtm

Anne York york at zipcon.net
Fri May 12 15:29:14 UTC 2006

Thanks for the beancounter recommendation. Just what I
needed.  Got it running with mysql -- mysql did not
run as is,  as there is a buglet in the latest Debian

As root, one has to edit the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file and
comment out the "old_password = 1" line (and, as one always
had to do, replace the  bind-address with the ip number of
your network card),  create the socket file,  and then
restart mysql.

touch /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

Thanks Dirk.