[Reportbug-maint] VCS metadata noise

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 2 13:44:39 UTC 2008

"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:28, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Largely cruft, caused by metadata being stored in the Subversion
> > repository. As you know, I'm discussing the issue with the Bazaar
> > developers.
>
> with no results, so?

The discussion is ongoing. There have been results in that the problem
is better defined. If you're interested in the details, I invite you
to join the Bazaar mailing lists; otherwise I will report back when
there's something new to report.

> > So, for this particular bad bug, I went with the tool that let me
> > fix the bug, rather than fighting the VCS tool. My apologies to
> > everyone for the resulting noise, but fixing the bug quickly and
> > without distraction by poor tools seemed worth the tradeoff.
>
> So, why don't you explain to this stupid vintage guy of me how a
> tool to track code versioning can actually FIX the code?

I really don't know what you're attacking here; it doesn't seem to be
any point I've made.

Perhaps when tempers are more even we'll discuss this again. Meantime,
I'll let my explanation stand.

--
 \       “Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in |
  `\     behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.” —Ambrose |