[Reportbug-maint] how to add GTK interface

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:34:02 UTC 2008

Hi Ondrej,

> I was using reportbug-ng, but it doesn't call the maintainer scripts
> and it's author has refused to fix that and today when I tried to
> report a bug it simply segfaulted. So I got fedup
> and I'd like to use the official tool, i.e. reportbug.
>
> However, I am missing a gtk (or qt) interface to it. I noticed that
> you are making reportbug more modular -- what is the best way for
> newbie people to reportbug like myself to add the gtk interface to it?

What I personally think is: why don't merge reportbug-ng into
reportbug? I explain better.

I don't know what rb-ng has more that rb except for a "nicer" gui than
urwid: both are python, both aim to report a bug against a package.
Since reportbug born earlier, and if the differences between them are
"small" enough, maybe it would be work to integrate them in rb and
expand it to include a "modern" gui.

I intentionally not included Bastian (rb-ng maintainer) because I'd
like to hear from you about it.

Sandro