[Reportbug-maint] Python API to Access Debian BTS - python-btsutils vs python-debianbts

Bastian Venthur venthur at debian.org
Tue Jul 22 12:19:46 UTC 2008

Gustavo R. Montesino wrote:
> Em Ter, 2008-07-22 às 12:14 +0200, Sandro Tosi escreveu:

>> What do you think about it? Does it seem reasonable to you to "merge"
>> python-debianbts into python-btsutils (in CC its maintainers, so we
>> can hear their thinking)?
>
> I've been planning to take a look at Bastian's python-debianbts to see
> what are the diferences to python-btsutils and propose something like
> this. Bastian has been more active than me on this so it's likely his
> packages should be the "oficial" one.

I'm perfectly ok with that, if more then just one package depend on that
lib, it's very important to agree on a stable interface and have that
lib probably team maintained.

Currently python-debianbts fits rng's needs very well -- but I'd gladly
discuss a stable interface and implement that if we can agree on one
(which shouldn't be too hard). I'd be also very glad to push that
project to alioth and include other developers.

> BTW, some time ago the python-debian guys have contacted me about adding
> btsutils to their bundle, I suppose their offer would be open to any
> package which turns to be the official way of interacting with BTS
> through python.

Sounds good to me.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org