[Reportbug-maint] Python API to Access Debian BTS - python-btsutils vs python-debianbts

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:21:56 UTC 2008

Thanks for the fast replies!

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:48, Bastian Venthur <venthur at debian.org> wrote:
> The idea is reasonable, I think reportbug and rng should share the same
> stuff under the hood. The question is how to achieve that. If we merge
> the libs, we need to define a stable API which all of us can rely on and
> the lib has to implement that. I need at least some kind of interface I
> can rely on to query the BTS via SOAP.

Of course, I don't have a "preferred" package: I simply think that you
can join the effort to create The python interface for Debian BTS. You
know better than anyone else the strengths and faults for your
interfaces so maybe you will find the way to "extract" the best of
both and come out with a single package, maybe maintained by you both
:D

Thanks,
Sandro