[Reportbug-maint] [reportbug] r538 - in /trunk: ./ debian/changelog reportbug.py

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 15 11:42:08 UTC 2008

"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu at gmail.com> writes:

> I think the best approach is a wishlist bug against devhelper to
> have an option to strip trailing whitespaces from current edited
> entry by dch (the tool to be used to edit debian/changelog).

That is a somewhat orthogonal issue. I was addressing the issue of
trailing space being stripped in the normal course of editing the
file, and cluttering up an otherwise-substantive changeset with
whitespace-fix noise.

The best approach I've seen to that is to fix the whitespace in
separate changesets that *only* fix whitespace, keeping it out of
other changesets.

> Do you want me to file it or will you do?

I don't personally have the need for that feature, so feel free to
make the request.

--
 \     "Unix is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, |
  `\           Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus." |